HONEY CHALLAH BREAD
7g Dry Yeast
1 Teaspoon Sugar
1/4 Cup Warm Water
2 Cups Warm Buttermilk
1/3 Cup Honey
1/4 Cup Olive Oil
1 Teaspoon Salt
1 Teaspoon Cinnamon Powder
6 Cups Bread Flour
Note: To make Buttermilk, 1 Cup milk and 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice or White Vinegar.
1. Sieve flour, cinnamon and salt together, set aside.
2. Activate yeast in warm water and 1 teaspoon sugar, allow to sit for 5mins.
3. Add in milk, honey, egg and olive oil.
4. Add in half of flour mix and knead on low medium speed, then add the rest and knead on high speed for a total of 10 minutes.
5. Take dough out on Work surface and gently knead for 5 minutes, using olive oil if necessary and if still sticky. Use very little extra flour as well if needed.
6. Roll the dough into a ball and place in the mixing bowl, dusted with flour and proof for 1 hour to 1 hour 30 minutes.
7. Divide dough to pieces of 100g each and roll out with palms into a long sausage shape, then weave three pieces together very neatly.
8. Place on a lined tray, cover with damp kitchen cloth and allow to proof for 30 minutes or until doubled in size. Watch closely, do not over proof.
9. Grease with egg wash, and bake for 15 to 25 minutes at 160c.
10. Garnish with honey & sesame seeds.